Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Horrible Night

Lets not even talk about last night. We had our Chicago Bloggers happy hour downtown last night. Part of the excitement for me? Of course seeing all the Chicago bloggers, but also we were going to do a $20 dollar gift bag exchange. I knew that traffic would be a mess because the weather was a mess. But I decided screw it, I am heading downtown. Why - because I was so excited to give away my gift bag. Yeah - in all honesty, this is what married life has become - I get excited over giving gifts. Well...in this whole mess - I left my cell phone at my office. I had no way of contacting Tina or Tara. And now I feel horrible, because from the sounds of it - everyone bailed except Tina (who was waiting for me). I ended up sitting in traffic for hours. I decided that I was going to have to just head home and email folks the next day. It was not until I saw Tina's email this morning that I realized "No!! No one made it." Tina, I am so sorry.

So why was I all excited over my gift bag? Because it was a sampler of some of the great Chicago sellers on etsy! This was perfect for our Chicago Bloggers and perfect for anyone trying to find a cool gift for the holidays. The other cool part about it was that it supports Chicago Style Crafters which is a group that is trying to reach a monetary goal that will aid them in securing space for a handmade, locally produced market here in Chicago.



So what was inside of the gift bag?


- "Chicago Snow" scented Soy Wax tealight, Reversible resin Pendant and 10% Off Coupon (Retail Value= $16) Something Beautiful - Chicago Postcard set & 10% off Coupon (Retail $10)Erin Donnelly

- Chicago Stamp Pendant (Retail Value= $10)Foxglove Accessories

- Recycled Wool Broaches (Retail Value= $4)Big City Fuzz

- Chicago map Journal (Retail Value= $5)Donovan Beeson

- The Space Saver Tab Ornament (Retail Value= $10)Circa Ceramics

- Chicago Recycled Bottle Cap Magnet (Retail Value= $5)Cranky Pickle

- "The City of The Snow" greeting card (Retail Value= $5) Molly Cranch

- 20% off Coupon Thank You Enjoy

- 10% off Coupon Kathyy's Krafts-

- 10% off Coupon (comes with an adorable handmade envelope) made by Jill Hannah

See, why I was excited and then so bummed that Blogger Happy Hour did not happen? Please, please go visit them on etsy and pick up yours here. You will not be disappointed.

5 comments:

Tara Vorhes said...

Doesn't it stink at how hard it is to get people together?! Then darn midwest weather has to make it even more of a challenge!

Very thoughtful grab bag gift- it puts mine to shame!
;)

Maybe we need to do a Saturday brunch...

It's A Jaime Thing said...

Aww, I'm sorry nobody else showed, ladies! I hope we can all get together soon, a Saturday brunch sounds like a great idea. I was thinking about you girls as my flight was coming in, we landed late last night, of course landed even later due to the weather...I was kinda freakin' out a bit, wondering if the runway was iced up or ok to land on, lol. I wish I could have made it last night, but as you knew from my rsvp I was out of town. Home now! I do hope I can get meet you girlies one of these get togethers...and that you'll still have me, lol. I feel bad every time so far I've been unable to make it. Anyhow, keep me posted, hopefully the next one we can ALL be there!

Chitown Wife, your grab bag gift rocks...how thoughtful of you!!!

Happy holidays,
Jaime :)

Unknown said...

So Sorry you had a bad night! This post is good timing for me, though, becuase I've themed my b-maids gifts based on the cities we're living in (LA, Austin, Chicago, Louisville...it goes on)and I was just cruising for Chicago trinkets. Good stuff!

said...

What an awesome gift bag!!

tina said...

Oh no! I just updating my blog and pulled up your site to link to your new page and realized that I never added your new page to my Reader - which means that I first seeing this.

I'm sorry that you fought traffic for nothing. That s*cks.

Your grab bag was so nice!

Not using my grab bag gift saved my butt. I had to use it as a last minute gift. My friend loved me!